Work @ Style House
We love meeting likeminded professionals interested in joining our team. Right now we are hiring for the below positions:
We are a boutique communications and brand strategy agency in our 11th year of business, specializing in female-forward fashion, beauty and wellness lifestyle brands. We recently won PR Couture’s Bespoke Communications Award for Agency Work, Life, Balance and Culture and were honored as one of Observer.com’s top speciality public relations agencies in New York for beauty. Our small team loves what we do and we have fun every day.
We’re looking for a junior publicist (1-3 years of related professional experience) to join our team. Do you have an entrepreneurial mindset, viewing your work and how you present yourself as an extension of your personal brand? Are you sharp, tuned-in, brimming with positive energy and confident? Do you have strong writing and interpersonal communication skills? Can you balance multiple responsibilities while thinking analytically and creatively and collaborating openly and effectively with our close-knit team? Are you comfortable taking initiative and being resourceful to solve problems?
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE:
*Media and influencer relations
*Social media content creation
*Clipping client coverage across print, digital + social media
*Managing shipments of client samples to/from media + influencers
*Support and coordination for team of creative publicists
*Maintaining and innovating systems for proprietary lists
*Managing seasonal interns
IMPORTANT: Please put “Junior Publicist: YOUR NAME” in the subject line of your email to email@example.com. In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please write a very short intro paragraph and answer the following 10 questions with as much color as you’d like:
• What are the last three apps you downloaded on your phone?
• What are the most used apps on your phone (excluding major social media channels)?
• What is the last book you read? What did you think of it?
• Tell us about a college course, book or film that changed the way you see the world.
• What media outlets do you rely on most to know what’s going on in the world?
• How would your closest friends describe you?
• How would your parents describe you?
• What’s your favorite subway line in NYC + why?
• Name three things that make you happy.
• Can you find any typos in this job posting?
We are always looking for enthusiastic and motivated undergraduate college students who wish to gain an in-depth understanding of the industry through our internship program.
Interns work on a variety of branding and public relations tasks ranging from brand exercises and trend research to influencer marketing and creating content for social media. Interns are involved in the creative processes of our team and are encouraged to ask lots of questions!
Our internship program is unpaid. If you are eligible for college credit we are delighted to support this with whatever paperwork and review is required by your advisor.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with early applicants given preference. Please no phone calls or in-person resume submissions.
Our Fall internship begins August/September and ends December. Our Spring internship begins January and ends May. Fall and Spring interns must be able to commit to a set schedule of at least 2 weekdays 10am-6pm. Our more immersive Summer internship begins June and ends August. Summer interns must be able to commit to Monday-Thursday 10am-6pm.
- Must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate student (no recent graduates)
- Must have completed a minimum of 2 full semesters of college coursework (Sophomore, Junior or Senior standing)
- Demonstrated interest in public relations and the female-focused fashion, beauty and wellness industries
- Social media savvy
- Prior office, retail, or internship experience preferred
Please email Victoria@stylehouse.co with the subject line: INTERN APPLICATION: [YOUR NAME] [COLLEGE/UNIVERSITY NAME]
In lieu of a traditional cover letter, please creatively tell us in 50 words or less what sets you apart from your peers, who all likely have a passion for fashion, love beauty products, want to empower women, and are looking to gain experience in the business world (bonus points if you can do it in 20 words or less!). Underneath your brief statement please answer the questions below (in as many words as you feel necessary). If you having writing samples, please provide a link or attachment in the email. Your resume should be attached in PDF form and should not exceed 1 page.
- Explain what store or brand most embodies your personal style.
- What are the most used apps on your phone (excluding social media) and why?
- How do you stay tuned-in? What media sites do you frequent?
- How would your friends describe you?
- Who are you loving on Instagram right now?
- List your availability: start date, end date and for Fall/Spring semester please include which weekdays you are available (minimum of 2 days).